We hit some good conversation topics, including:
- Cutting room floor, where does it all go, are some of the best ideas there?
- Innovation in games, how important, and how much is there?
- Games benefiting all of humanity, or are just filler for the gamer niche?
- GTA using Natural Motion's Euphoria, will NM get the credit, or will GTA soak it all up. How does it feel to work on middle-ware when games take all the publicity?
- Consequences in games, e.g. to your own character, the virtual world, the supporting characters, the story line, AI, etc.
- Rogue-like games (I'm playing Mystery Dungeon: Shirin the Wanderer recently)
- Gamebryo, Emergent, and working on middleware
- The Demoscene