- Create a 10 bit gray code image (width 10, height 1024). I did this by hand, it's a little tedious. But there is a method: you duplicate the image vertically and then draw a line from the mid points of each tree.
Then, expand it to a square image:
- Transform it radially (Filter, Distort, Polar Coordinates (need to first rotate the image 90 degrees)):
- Create some Gaussian blurs of the image, with a few similar large blurs:
- Set the blend mode to Difference between 2 of the blur layers:
- Add adjustment layers to remap the range, add a gradient, shift the hue, etc:
- Add another blur with difference blend mode, and we're done!
Monday, January 11, 2010
How I made the Radial 10 bit Gray code image procedurally in Photoshop:
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I put effort into posts to Beautiful Pixels. I hope you've liked what you've seen the last few years.
I've started a shadow blog called Scattered Pixels, for random thoughts, images, links. If you'd like more frequent updates from me that are less filtered, subscribe to both.